More about "lizano salsa recipes recipes"
GALLO PINTO (COSTA RICAN RICE AND BEANS) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
I found this recipe in a copy of Vegetarian Times. Gallo Pinto translates as "painted rooster", and is a dish eaten by many Costa Ricans almost every day. The addition of ginger and Worcestershire adds a quite unique flavor to this dish.
Total Time 15 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until it just begins to soften and turns color.
- Add garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until onion is golden.
- Add spices and Worcestershire, and stir into onion and garlic.
- (The first time I made this, I was afraid to add the full 3 Tbsp of Worcestershire, but the addition of the rice balances the flavor out).
- Next, add the beans and then the rice.
- Combine the rice and beans evenly and cook until mixture is heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
- Garnish with some chopped cilantro or green onions if you prefer.
- Vegetarians use only the vegetarian Worcestershire sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249.4, FatContent 5.3, SaturatedFatContent 0.5, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 2.2, CarbohydrateContent 42.6, FiberContent 5.8, SugarContent 0.8, ProteinContent 7.7
15 PLANTAIN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
VEGETARIAN SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SUPER EASY AND DELICIOUS COSTA RICAN ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE
COSTA RICAN CASADO - PURA VIDA MOMS
30 TRADITIONAL COSTA RICAN FOODS WITH EASY RECIPES
COSTA RICA FOOD
ORDER LATIN AMERICAN FOODS & DRINKS ONLINE | COMPRA COMID…
MENUS | LONG DOGGERS
DINERS, DRIVE-INS AND DIVES - FOOD NETWORK
DINERS, DRIVE-INS AND DIVES - FOOD COM