PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
For the perfect roast chicken dinner every time, try this popular recipe from Ina Garten, Food Network's Barefoot Contessa.
Provided by Ina Garten
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, both halves of lemon, and all the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the onions, carrots, and fennel in a roasting pan. Toss with salt, pepper, 20 sprigs of thyme, and olive oil. Spread around the bottom of the roasting pan and place the chicken on top.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve it with the vegetables.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
New cooks are intimidated by the idea of roasting a chicken, but nothing could be simpler. If you roast the chicken with some vegetables in the same pan for about an hour, you will have a moist, golden bird and savory accompaniments — all ready to eat at the same time. While they cook, you can set the table, watch the news, maybe make a dessert.
Provided by Food Network
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Preparing the Vegetables Peel the carrots and cut them crosswise into 1 1/2-inch-long pieces. Cut the thicker pieces in half lengthwise as well. Peel each onion and cut into quarters. Wash the potatoes under cold water to get rid of any dirt. Leave them whole and unpeeled. Scatter the carrots, onions, and potatoes on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking or roasting pan. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper over them, and lay 2 sprigs of the rosemary on top. If you are using dried rosemary, put 1 tablespoon in the palm of your hand and crumble it over the vegetables.
- Preparing the Chicken The giblets, which consist of the liver, gizzard, and heart, plus the neck, are usually in a package inside the cavity of the chicken, between the legs. Remove them and discard or refrigerate them to use later. If there is a pale-yellow chunk of fat on either side of the cavity, pull or cut it off and discard. Hold the chicken under cold running water and rinse it inside and out. Shake off excess water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the remaining 11/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper over the outside of the chicken, rubbing them all over the skin. Set the chicken, the breast side facing up, on top of some of the vegetables, with the remaining ones surrounding the bird. Insert a dial-type (not instant-read) thermometer into the breast, taking care that the rod of the thermometer does not touch any bones.
- Roasting the Chicken Put the chicken in the center of the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes. When the timer rings, remove the pan from the oven and, using a large spoon, turn over the vegetables that surround the chicken. Don't bother with the vegetables under the chicken. Return the pan to the oven and set the timer for 30 more minutes. After 30 minutes, take the chicken out of the oven to check for doneness. Insert the tip of a small paring knife into the meat of the thigh where it attaches to the body. If the juices that run out are pink, the chicken needs to continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes. If the juices are clear, it is done. The meat thermometer should show a temperature of 170 degrees F to 180 degrees F when the chicken is done.
- Carving the Chicken Carve the chicken according to the instructions on the preceding page. Scoop the vegetables out of the roasting pan and onto a serving platter. Remove the fat from the pan juices. Arrange the cut chicken pieces on top of vegetables, spoon some pan juices over the chicken and vegetables, scatter the 2 remaining rosemary sprigs on top and bring the dish to the table for serving.
More about "chicken and vegetables recipe recipes"
ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 30 minutes
Calories 711 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle flour into oven bag; shake to coat. Add potatoes, carrots, corn, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon paprika. Shake bag to coat vegetables; place in a 13x9-in. baking pan., Place onion and rosemary sprigs in cavity of chicken. Rub skin with oil; sprinkle with minced rosemary and remaining salt, pepper and paprika. Skewer chicken openings; tie drumsticks together. Place chicken in center of bag, breast side up; place vegetables around chicken., Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close with tie provided. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Let stand in oven bag 15 minutes before carving. Discard onion and rosemary sprigs.
TOP 20 FILIPINO CHICKEN RECIPES - PINOY RECIPE AT IBA PA
EASY CHICKEN FAJITA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHICKEN RECIPES
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 711 calories per serving
- Put a griddle pan on a high heat.
- Halve, deseed and slice the pepper into thin strips, then peel, halve, and finely slice the onion. Slice the chicken lengthways into long strips, roughly the same size as the pepper strips.
- Put the peppers, onion, and chicken into a bowl with the paprika and cumin. Squeeze over the juice of half a lime, drizzle over 1 tablespoon of oil, season with a good pinch of black pepper and mix well. Put aside to marinate for 5 minutes or so while you make your salsa.
- For the salsa, finely chop the chilli, roughly chop the tomatoes and the coriander (stalks and all), then place in a clean bowl with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Squeeze over the juice of 1 lime, and stir in the coriander.
- Using tongs, place the pepper, onion, and chicken onto the griddle and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. As the pan will be really hot, keep turning the pieces of chicken and vegetables over so they don’t burn – you just want them to lightly chargrill to give you a lovely flavour.
- To make the guacamole, squeeze the cherry tomatoes onto a board, then finely chop with ½ -1 red chilli and a handful of coriander leaves, including the top part of the stalks.
- Halve and destone the avocado, then squeeze it over a board so the flesh comes out of the skin. Discard the skin. Squeeze over the lime juice and chop everything together until fine. Taste and adjust the flavours, if needed.
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave or warm, dry frying pan, then divide between serving plates. Squeeze the remaining lime juice over the sizzling pan.
- At the table, carefully help yourselves to the chicken and vegetables straight from the hot grill pan. Just be sure to put it down on top of something that won’t burn, like a chopping board.
- Serve with bowls of natural yoghurt and guacamole, alongside the Cheddar, a grater, and the lovely fresh salsa.
PERI PERI CHICKEN RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Calories 514 calories per serving
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the chicken in half along the backbone.
- Pick the thyme leaves into a pestle and mortar, peel and add 1 garlic clove, then add the paprika and a pinch of sea salt. Bash to a paste, then muddle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Place a large griddle pan over a high heat.
- Quarter the unpeeled onions and halve any larger tomatoes, then place on the hot griddle with the chillies and the remaining unpeeled garlic cloves. Grill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until charred all over, turning regularly.
- Remove the garlic skins and peel the onions, then add all the vegetables to a food processor with a splash of red wine vinegar and a good lug of extra virgin olive oil. Blitz until smooth, then add a splash of water to loosen, if needed. Season to taste.
- Return the griddle pan to a high heat, add the marinated chicken and sear all over for 8 to 10 minutes, turning regularly. Transfer to a roasting tray, then pop in the hot oven for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut the sweet potatoes into rough 2cm wedges. Toss with the paprika, semolina, a small pinch of salt and black pepper and a lug of olive oil.
- Spread the wedges out on 2 large baking trays, then place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and crisp.
- To make the jalapeño salsa, drain and add the jalapeños to a food processor with a splash of the pickling juice. Tear in the coriander (stalks and all) and add a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Blitz well until smooth.
- Serve the roast chicken with your piri piri sauce, sweet potato wedges and a little jalapeño salsa.
BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 60 minutes
Calories 414 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese over each. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt; roll up. Wrap each with bacon strip, securing with toothpicks if necessary., Place, seam side down, in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 35-40 minutes. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove toothpicks before serving.
CHOW MEIN WITH CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN POT PIE IX RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
BALSAMIC CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES | BETTER HOMES & …
CHICKEN BOG RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
COUPONS - EASY RECIPES & EASY COOKING IDEAS - PILLSBURY.COM
BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS AND VEGETABLES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
61 CROCK POT CHICKEN RECIPES | SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN IDEAS ...
COUPONS - EASY RECIPES & EASY COOKING IDEAS - PILLSBURY.COM