CHESS PIE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Remarkably simple and unforgettably delicious, Chess Pie is a Southern staple for good reason.
Provided by Stephanie Wise
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Unroll pie crust in ungreased 9-inch pie plate; press firmly against side and bottom. Fold over excess dough along edges, and pinch to seal; flute edges or press down with fork.
- Place sheet of cooking parchment paper on top of pie crust; fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake crust 5 minutes, then remove parchment paper and beans. Bake another 2 to 3 minutes or until crust is just set and golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir granulated sugar, cornmeal, flour, salt, melted butter, milk, vinegar and vanilla until well combined. In small bowl, beat eggs slightly, then add to sugar mixture; stir until well combined.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is set and top of pie is deep golden brown. If crust edges brown too quickly during baking, cover edges with foil.
- Cool pie about 1 hour or until completely cooled on cooling rack before cutting. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 , CarbohydrateContent 44 g, CholesterolContent 85 mg, FatContent 2 1/2 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 160 mg, SugarContent 34 g, TransFatContent 0 g
LEMON CHESS PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
This bright and creamy lemon chess pie cuts beautifully and has a smooth texture. It’s one of my favorites. —Hannah LaRue Rider, East Point, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 50 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored, 2 minutes. Beat in the lemon juice, butter, cornmeal, flour and salt. , Pour into crust. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. If desired, garnish with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calories, FatContent 15g fat (7g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 113mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 219mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 54g carbohydrate (39g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 4g protein.
30 BEST SWEET AND SAVORY TART RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
BILL CLINTON'S LEMON CHESS PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
WHAT IS CHESS PIE-AND HOW DID IT GET ITS NAME? | MYRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE TREACLE TART (HARRY POTTER'S FAVORITE DESSERT ...
OUR BEST CHOCOLATE PIE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
PECAN PIE RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
RESTAURANT MENU - THE RENDEZVOUS
CHESS PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHESS PIE - WIKIPEDIA
RECIPES THAT START WITH FROZEN BERRIES - TASTE OF HOME
99 LEMON RECIPES FROM TART TO SWEET TO SAVORY | TASTE OF HO…
HUMMINGBIRD HIGH | BAKING BLOG & DESSERT RECIPES
PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES